Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Low Carb Quiche

Hello Friends;

Well, I weighed myself yesterday morning and am happy to report that I am done about a pound give or take an ounce or two :) The way I look at it, it's not much but it's better than going up!!

I made this quiche last night and served it with a green salad. David and Evan really liked it. There were no leftovers.

Broccoli Quiche

4 cups broccoli florets
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups coconut milk or cream
1 tbsp melted butter
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 grated cheese (optional)

Preheat oven to 425

Butter 10 inch round or 13x9 square baking dish.

Cook broccoli in microwave or boiling water for 4 minutes.

Whisk together eggs, coconut milk/cream, butter, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir in broccoli and cheese if using.

Pour into baking dish and bake 20 minutes until middle is set.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. wow, never thought to use coconut milk! now, I know how to make it without dairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good crustless quiche recipe - this sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete