Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Basic Kick Butt Workout

Hello Friends;

Life in Florida is starting to take shape. I have a pretty regular workout schedule and am venturing into some classes. I have started CrossFIT classes and am pretty sure that I will be getting my butt kicked at least once a week!! Check out crossfit.com if you are interested in learning more. CrossFIT programs are very popular across the country and popping up in alot of communities.

I have a big trip planned for myself next week! I will spend three days in Chicago visiting my stepdaughter then off to San Diego to visit my uncle and his wife. I will be out of my regular workout routine but will do my best to get a few workouts in while I am away.

When I return, I have decided my family is going Paleo. As many of you know, I have been playing outside the edges of Paleo nutrition for awhile now but I feel like it is time to embrace it. Fortunately, David is on board as he lost 40 pounds last year eating primally. Evan will be a harder sell but he is not in control of the food that comes into the house :)

Here is the workout that has me cringing every time I have to move or go to the bathroom!

Squat jumps - 15x3
Front/back lunge - 12x3 (per leg)
Single leg dead lift - 12x3 (per leg - use dumbell for extra challenge)
Pushups - 20x3
Burpee - 15x3
Prone plank with arm reach - 10x3 (one arm lift equal one rep)
Sit up - 15x3 (lying flat on back, put soles of feet together, reach arms overhead then sit up and curl down)
Side plank - 30 secondsx3

Try to do this circuit three times. Good luck!!!!

Stay Well :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Allyson!!! I've been missing you and your workouts. I will try this tomorrow!
    Love and miss ya!
    ~Sue

    ReplyDelete